Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Mommy, where do babies come from?


Mommy, where do babies come from?

Let me start by saying, I knew this was coming. I knew it was coming but I really didn’t prepare myself and I am pretty sure I have given my kid the wrong answer. Or at least a very weird one.

Over the last few months, Dakota has been saying she wants a baby brother or sister. Her cousins all have siblings and honestly I think she is the only one on both sides of the family who doesn’t have a sibling. Also and a big part of this, her teacher is pregnant. Thanks Christine for giving her ideas LOL! So momma having a baby has been on her mind and she has made sure I knew it.

This morning, she asked the big question: “Mommy, where do babies come from?” Let’s be honest, I froze and panicked a little so I said the first thing that came to my mind. Which is never a good thing. I said, “Mommy and daddy make a baby with their love.” She said a little confused, “with their love?” And I said, “Yes with their love. Then the baby grows like a flower inside of mommies tummy.” That is where I messed up. I knew it right after I said it. She said, “Like a flower?....” She thinks on it for a few minutes and then says, “Mommy and daddy make a baby with their love and then mommy cooks it like a flower in her belly!!” Well, at this point what can I do? I can’t say just kidding or that’s not really how it works so I just cringe and nod along. Wishing that I would of taken just a little bit longer to prepare myself or maybe say something that made a little more sense. It is too late now. I have to carry this on for the rest of her life. Or at least until she knows I don’t cook baby flowers in my stomach. Who knows how long that will take. 


I have never once thought of growing a flower in my stomach so where on earth did that come from?? I almost feel like I channeled my inner 1970s vibe with my flower love child explanation. I can just see Dakota going to people when I get pregnant telling them that I am growing a baby flower. And I am going to have to explain to those people that I probably shouldn't have been the one to answer her when she asked where babies come from but that we are going to name her Summer Rainbow. Lord have mercy lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment