Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Attitude Makeover in the Works

The new me that is in the works is already being challenged and I haven’t even put my camo on. The problem I am facing is a very embedded need to challenge anything that I am told to do. For some reason, I have never been able to accept the words when someone says, “You need to do this….” Now asking me or suggestions, sure no problem but telling me what to do? Forget it! I’m a rebel.

My husband is one of those very smart people who knows a whole lot about a whole lot. Since he loves hunting so much and has done it for a long time, he knows exactly how to do things. Which means he expects me to do things exactly how he tells me to do them. He is excited about me joining him on the hunts, teaching me to do all sorts of hunting related things but he has already warned me that I have to listen to him. I have to do “exactly what he says.” The thing is, with him being so smart, he KNOWS that he knows what he is talking about, which makes him almost self righteous in his tone and that causes my natural reaction to revolt. And God love him, the man has no patience. 

It looks like I am taking on much more than I initially thought. I thought trading in my beautifully manicured nails for blood stained hands (from skinning my kills) would be the hard part. I hadn’t realized I would be tackling a complete attitude makeover. Lord help us both to be patient!



Jonathan dove hunting in South Texas back before I learned how to cook... He looked a lot hungrier back then!! LOL!!                       

No comments:

Post a Comment