Friday, October 17, 2014

Am I training to be a hunting partner or a slave?

Since the inception of our new endeavor as a couple, my husband thinks he needs to tell me what to do. All the time. He is taking advantage of every opportunity as I am sure most husbands would. Who doesn’t love having their spouse follow instructions when they are told to do so? He said I need to get used to following his instructions. So that once we start our hunting training that I will be ready to receive his knowledge. That I need to practice until then since I am stubborn. He must be right because every time he asks me to do any of the things he comes up with, I chose not to do them.

I can’t help myself. I can’t really correlate his knowledge for hunting with him telling me to get him a beer. The spheres just don’t meet up for me. There is no shared space between them. At least I hope that is the reason. Like I said, I really do not like being told what to do. Each time he presents a new task, I immediately freeze up. Recoil. Fold into myself and a stubbornness that I forgot I had comes out. I am interested to see what kind of reaction I have when it comes down to the hunts. Hopefully an accommodating one. 


Arguably, I did not decide to take on this task to become his slave. If you were to ask his opinion though, he would say that I agreed to the terms and conditions of becoming his slave when I said the words, ‘I do.’ I am only slightly amused ;) 
Photo courtesy of American Honey Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment