Monday, October 6, 2014

Veggie Blend Casserole

A lot of my recipes start out as completely different recipes that I plain forget to buy everything for. So they end up a little tweaked based on what I have on hand. For me, the grocery store is not only fifteen minutes away but a trip would also involve loading up my little one which as you moms know… is a process! This recipe is no different, I found it online, forgot half of the stuff at the store so this is what I came up with. This veggie blend dish is as easy as it is tasty! 

You will need the following:

1 zucchini 
1 Yellow Squash
1 medium size tomato 
1 medium size potato 
Garlic salt
Pepper
Shredded cheese
Oil for the dish
Foil 
9x9 pan (I used a glass one)







Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thinly slice all veggies. A mandolin slicer really comes in handy. Spray your dish down with the oil. Now layer the veggies in an upright position. I may be OCD so I kept it in a pattern (squash, zucchini, potato and randomly inserted tomato) Lightly sprinkle pepper and garlic salt, cover with foil and place in oven for thirty five minutes. 










                                                                                                When the time is up, sprinkle the cheese for your desired cheesiness, recover and bake an additional fifteen minutes. Once time is up you can uncover, let it cool and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment