Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Little girls can wear camouflage too!

My husband is a camouflage advocate. If you ask him, his favorite color is camo and that is the only color that matters. Our dog’s name is Camo. He wanted to do our daughter’s room in camo. Pink camo was his version of a compromise. When we found out that we were having a little girl, he rushed us to Academy to buy some pink camo and regular camo with pink accent outfits. He also wanted to buy her a pink camo bow set. Something she wouldn’t be able to even touch for a very long time so I had to veto that purchase.

With all that being said, my little girl wears camo a lot. I even purchased a backpack to use as a diaper bag that is camouflage and has some pink on it. The other day, I dressed Dakota in camouflage as usual. I hadn’t been planning to go anywhere that she would need to look like the little diva I usually tote around. I didn’t even have a bow on my person for her. We ended up having to rush to the doctor. She had fallen on her face from sitting and I overreacted (go figure). We didn’t see our usual nurse or doctor so the nurse assumed (due to the camouflage) that my pretty little girl was a boy. My feelings were hurt lol. My little doll is gorgeous, how could she be mistaken for a boy? Not to mention, there WAS pink on that outfit AND the backpack. 


Two weeks later, I am still slightly irritated. Little girls can wear camouflage too without the assistance of pink or a bow. I probably shouldn’t be so sensitive. That is what my husband tells me anyway. But hey, I am a mother and I am supposed to think my daughter is the most amazing and beautiful baby on the planet so anyone who doesn’t see her that way (camo or not) is on my list. 



2 comments:

  1. Aww! She's super adorable!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you very much! Hope you have a great day as well!!

      Delete