Friday, November 14, 2014

Keep your baby and your income!

I knew before having my daughter, that I did not want to leave her to go back to work. That feeling intensified once she was born. I loved her too much to leave her. Unfortunately, we needed my income. I ran through a lot of options that all fell through. I thought maybe I could work for Apple, they have a lot of in home jobs but the only ones available were for call center positions. I knew I couldn’t take care of her while being on the phone constantly. I also looked into medical coding but based on what I found, it didn’t seem like a very stable job. Then I thought of an in home daycare. It would of been fine but with my location, daycare didn’t cost as much as a bigger city. I would of had to keep three full time and two part time in order to supplement my income. Even then, I wouldn’t be close to what I was previously bringing home. It just wasn’t worth it.


With time running out, I discovered Care.com. I was going to try to become a nanny. Surely I could find a family that would allow me to bring my daughter to work with me. In my head, I saw a family with a little girl close to my own daughters age. Planning activities would be easy with them so close in age. Plus they would have each other to play with. I ended up having to go back to work for a little over a month and I applied to maybe fifty nanny jobs. Several did not want my daughter with me, a lot didn’t respond, I had a few interviews and things just didn’t seem to fit. I won't say that I didn't get discouraged because I really did. I had just about given up and for some reason, I said I will apply for ONE more job and if it doesn't work out then I wasn't meant to stay with Dakota. That last job ended up being the job for me. I finally had found the family I was searching for! Their little girl is one month younger than mine and the girls are adorable together. I get to keep my daughter, my income and I also get to keep another adorable little girl. My job isn’t always easy but it is always worth it.

Out of respect for the family I work for, I will not be posting any pictures of their daughter. This picture is one I took of Dakota for her six month photo shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment