Thursday, June 7, 2018

My Two Week Catch Up


The last two weeks have been a bit of a blur. There have been a million things going on and a million things on my mind. I completely forgot to post a blog last week so this one will serve as my two week catch up and God willing I will be back on track by next week.


In the last two weeks, I have had two senior sessions, a double maternity session, a Firefighter kids session and my first newborn session since Dakota was born! Also, my niece graduated high school. I am working on planning a maternity session, two newborn sessions for September, a large family session and several costume sessions. My brain is constantly going so if ever down time comes up, I feel completely lost or I pass out in exhaustion lol.

I cleaned out our extra bedroom to set up a temporary studio/office for me until I am ready to get my own building. I have purchased several backdrops, props, and my husband is building me a set because I am not coordinated or crafty. I purchased my website for a year so I am really hoping this all works out lol. I discovered that you really can't iron backdrops and when your husband knows more about ironing than you, it makes you question how wife material you are. It's too late for him anyway lol.

I have been running multiple promotions and a giveaway so I am excited to see those results. Those sessions are being planned as well. The July one is already planned and I am excited for that! I will be combining two of my favorite things. No, I am not giving away wine although I may consider it for August :)

I have found it is hard to promote a small photography business. I pay for advertising through Facebook which doesn't yield much results. I tried google advertising but for what I spent and getting zero from it, it definitely wasn't worth it. Facebook marketplace can be a hot spot but majority of the time you can't post because Facebook will reject the ad. I have appealed several times but haven't had much luck with getting anything changed. So I am constantly sharing to my personal page and emailing out promotions. I am sure it is annoying for those recipients even though it has only been a few in the last couple months so I am going to take a rest on that. I have stayed fairly busy though. In an ideal world, I'd love to have 4 sessions a week. So far, I have been pretty consistent at 2 sessions a week so I am sure I will have 4 sessions in no time.

That is the gist of my last two weeks and some of what has been on my mind. So now for more of my favorite pictures from the last two weeks :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment