Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Wedding, a Baby and a Little Deer too

It has been an awesome, busy week. On Saturday, I photographed my first wedding since I was six weeks pregnant with Dakota. That is about 5 years ago if I know how to do my math correctly! I was extremely nervous beforehand. I am a perfectionist and weddings especially there are just so many shots that you have to be responsible for.

For the most part, everything went really well. I got a lot of great shots, I enjoyed the guests and the wedding was beautiful. There were a few things that have definitely changed over the last 5 years. One being, there were cell phones out everywhere. And it wasn't that people were staying in place taking their pictures and videos, but I saw several moving around to get the best shot. Even some of the groomsmen had their phones out taking pictures. The dynamic where you sit and watch what is happening has really changed. The other thing that changed is before, I never worried about someone stepping in front of my camera or moving me out of the way so they could get a picture. It very much felt like I was navigating my way through a herd of cell phones. Now, I am not saying I do not get it. Technology has come a long way and it is so easy to snap pictures and post them right away. I do highly recommend if you are planning your own wedding to do an "unplugged" wedding and it is something I now know to recommend to my future clients.

Sunday, I did one of my absolute favorite sessions to date. I revisited Baby G and paired him with a baby deer. When his mom originally approached me for his newborns, I had the idea to do his session with a baby deer because of their interests. Unfortunately, at the time, I was unable to find one. However, a week later, I was able to locate this gorgeous girl. Her mother was killed by a car and she was found sitting in the middle of the road by her mom.

While this session would not have been possible without this adorable fawn, it is important that you know you should not pick up a fawn or other wild baby animal. Majority of the time, the mother deer will leave the fawn bedded down while she forages for food. The general rule is, if the fawn is not crying or injured, do not disturb it. The following is a link to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department with additional information on orphaned wildlife:  https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/rehab/orphan/

I also took the time to get a few outdoor shots of Baby G. It was his first time feeling the breeze and he absolutely loved it. I loved being part of both of these sessions.

My weekend is going to be booked, one session for the family who won a free session through my Facebook giveaway and then a few other working projects, hopefully catching up on edits and getting my studio reorganized with all the props and backdrops I have purchased. Then so far my upcoming week is pretty quiet. I do have several sessions pending, among a few is one boudoir session that I am excited for, a maternity session and an engagement session. I will post previews and more edits as I get them done. Please check out my facebook page to stay up to date on everything I have going on. https://m.facebook.com/camolacebaby/ As always, thanks for reading! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment