Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dakota's First Halloween!

This is a little late to post since it is December already BUT it is necessary because I would like for Dakota (and any future children) to be able to come here to read about their lives and how much I loved and enjoyed them. 

My precious girl was a peacock for Halloween. I started looking for birthday theme ideas for her really early. I was torn between a peacock theme and another theme (I’m saving that for another post-sorry!) Anyway, I wasn't crazy about the peacock theme for the party, just the outfit was catching my eye. My sister in law suggested that if I liked the other theme better, to dress her up as a peacock for Halloween so I can get the best of both worlds. So the idea was born. I searched for about a month on Etsy for a great costume. Dakota’s first Halloween had to be epic of course. Long story short, I couldn’t find one but my friend volunteered to help me make it. Lori sewed the body suit and glued the headpiece while I cut the tulle and tied the tutu. I am not exactly crafty so I was assigned the simple job! The costume was a huge success. I absolutely LOVE it!!






Two weeks before Halloween, we went up to Lake Conroe where I did a few pictures of her costume. She didn’t really cooperate but luckily I was able to get a few cute pictures.

Halloween came quickly. My husband, Dakota and I went with Lori and her husband up to Llano where we met up with her daughter Calie and her family. We went to a Trunk or Treat at Calie’s church. It was so nice to do it that way! It was much easier carrying Dakota down the row of cars instead of from door to door. We also were able to pass out candy and Dakota LOVED watching all the kids go by. She would laugh and smile at them. Everyone loved her costume. 

I did have some complaints as a mom. I know that Halloween is also a scary costume day as well but I felt so bad for the little kids who were scared of some of the bigger ones dressed as zombies and scary clowns. I am not looking forward to that next year when Dakota will be more aware of things like that. Not gonna lie, I was a little scared of those guys/girls too. I hate scary things lol.

That night, we stayed at the Sellers’ Lake House on Lake Buchanan and we really liked it there too! It has a beautiful view and is such a comfortable place to stay. Next time we go back, I will take pictures to post with a link to where to rent it! 


We really enjoyed Dakota’s first Halloween. I can’t wait to see what next year’s costume will be… I already have a few ideas!


She loved the pumpkin patch, after a while lol





I love my girl so much!

It is necessary for her to stick her tongue out constantly these days lol



No comments:

Post a Comment